Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The people at Quickbooks Online are listening


As I was sending yet another reminder to one of my clients about an invoice, it hit me. Why am I sending an email with a .pdf of an invoice?

Actually, it didn't hit me until I was walking later that morning. I should be able to send the "transaction" directly to my customer's payable ledger. It was a minor epiphany, since we regularly send transactions (paypal) all the time.

So, I sent an email to Quickbooks online support suggesting this feature and they responded within 15 minutes. My suggestion included the idea of a queuing mechanism on the customer side, essentially approving and receiving the transaction into their ledger. Completely removes data entry errors (and effort) and could improve my cash flow.

The Quickbooks rep was very excited to tell me that it was an "awesome suggestion" and they would put it in the feature queue. We shall see.

No comments: