- Shield your PC and wireless router with firewalls and software to catch viruses and spyware. Be sure to turn on automatic updates.
- Create difficult passwords and change them often. Don’t let websites autosave them.
- Ignore and delete emails urging you to click on a link to verify account information when you know you haven’t requested verification.
- Connect to your valuable accounts from your own computer and never a public computer or hot-spot.
- Avoid unknown sites offering free music and game downloads; much spyware implanted there.
- Do not open email attachments (showing the paperclip) from senders you do not know.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Six Ways To Hacker-Safe Computing
Six easy ways to protect your personal information online: